Think I need to replace my Moto X, what should I get

I had a moto G that went bad so I replaced it with a Moto X off of swappa.com. I will probably get another phone from swappa but there aren’t many Moto X’s. I want to get something with similar or better coverage and and 32GB’s. I did have a moto g4 for a short while but I couldn’t get service in my area at the time. It looks like that issue may have been cleared up but I also want to be sure on that. Any recommendations? I’m looking for the best possible bang for the buck.

My recommendation would be the Moto G5+, if current phones
Ordered from Republic should get you same coverage as the Legacy phones [and if not a ticket should be able to help]

1 Like

I don’t see any G5’s on swappa but they do have some unlocked G4’s

My recommendation was base on Republic Current Phones (the Moto G5+ just came out in May so one may not see it on Swappa yet)

https://republicwireless.com/phones/moto-g5-plus/?product-param.condition=new&product-param.color=%23AF9B8C&product-param.capacity=32

Republic Phones 3.0 phones are unlocked so you will not want to just search for Republic at Swappa (this is ture for the Moto G4 as well I found this one

and this one (with Amazon Ads)

youcan get the amazon one in 32GB (2 GB RAM) for under $200
Amazon Moto G5+

for phones that are compatible please uses Republic official check list

https://republicwireless.com/bring-your-own-phone/

Also keep in mind that Republic BYOD are by default GSM (though compatible devices may be converted to CDMA and the Moto G4/G5+ are compatible with both CDMA and GSM )

only the following phones are GSM only,
Moto Z
Moto Z Play
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy J3
Alcatel A30
Huawei Ascend 5W
and currently the Moto E4 (though CDMA should be an option later this year)

1 Like

I have what I believe is a Moto G that I replaced with an iPhone after my stroke. I have not used the phone for about a year. Is anyone looking for a Moto G phone? I’d like to get something for it and would love to sell it. I got it in 2014.

Hello @donalds.lmo8ou,
It is against the rules to actively sell your phone on these boards but you can do so on many third party sites

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer