Thinking About New Phone

I have currently been using a Moto G1. The camera has been having issues of not working. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and still does not work.
Anyway, this phone is fine for my general use, but this is making me think to get a new phone. I would like some input if I might?
At this site been thinking about the Moto E4plus or the G5s which is new. Or should consider a Samsung? Or?
The phone is used mostly for calls, texting, photography, checking email, and simple stuff like that. No hardcore gaming or items of that nature.
Would like the phone to be easy on the user, me, at my age trying to know less and not more about technology.
Thanks Todd

0 Likes

I’m personally a big fan of the Moto G5+. I think it’s a terrific phone with an outstanding camera and really a hard value to beat.

2 Likes

thank you!

0 Likes

When you receive the new phone, with the push of one or two buttons everything transfers over from old phone to new? Contacts, facebook, texting history, messenger stuff?

0 Likes

Yes and no. More from fellow members here: How to Transfer Contacts, Photos, Text messages and Other Info to Your New Phone.

1 Like

Been through this before, moving information, and for me if there is someone to spend 15 minutes to make sure everything is transferred it is a great help for me. It seems never to go exactly as planned or what is in the article. With assistance what would take a day or two, should be down to about 15 minutes with assistance.
Thanks Todd

0 Likes

Got new phone up and working. At the moment have just one easy question, I think, On my contacts have it as two small icons together in one large one, how can I get it back to just one icon for contacts.
Thanks

0 Likes

If you press and hold on one icon you can move it to the trash at the top of the screen. This is also how icons are rearranged on the screen.

1 Like

I know where the trash is on my desktop. But I don’t see it anywhere on the phone. You say the top, don’t see trash up there.
Yes I am complete know nothing when it comes to phones.
Thanks Todd

0 Likes

Most phone when holding down and dragging the icon will put an ”X” on the top of the phone this is the delete/remove from desktop [there is no trash can in Android]

2 Likes

Got it done, thanks.

1 Like

Message an
Expert customer