Thoughts on alternate means of opening tickets

Moderator’s note: These comments were split from another topic:

I know it’s too late now but for future reference whenever one has issue opening a ticket though the system one can always email help@republicwireless.com with the details and a ticket will be created

3 Likes

Can't tell when I have a Voicemail - No icon - MOTO X 2nd GEN

Another late arrival on the ticket creation. Email is likely the easiest way. I usually choose Other for Topic, then Skip this Step to bypass the nags when opening a ticket. My ticket may not immediately get to the top of the priority list but it reduces the steps and time to submit.

:flight_departure:

0 Likes

This is really not recommended. The categories chosen help the triage team get the ticket to the right place. Bypassing these steps not only doesn’t put the ticket at the top of the list but can also cause it to end up in the wrong place, where it can languish, before being sent to the right team. It also potentially wastes the internal resources at RW trying to deal with mis-routed tickets.

3 Likes

I realize there’s a reason a system is chosen to direct and prioritize and it may actually help speed a resolution. Submission by email likely lacks the system benefits as well and not the recommended method unless normal mode is down.

Doing it the system correct way wastes my resources and apparently at times causes issues for some other members. The ticket system is set up to primarily benefit RW not for members’ ease of use. When members have to jump through loops to open tickets they may just say the heck with this and suffer with their problem.

They system is flawed and hard to navigate to begin with. What’s with the pencil taking you back to select topic? Many would think a tap or click on the pencil would allow writing. That’s just where the confusion begins.

@louisdi have you actually played around with the system to see how it can cause beaucoup confusion?

By no means is RW alone as most companies support or CS processes involve similar loops but RW’s tops my list for the confusion factor…

1 Like

I have opened many tickets with Republic, yes. While it may take a minute to two to open the ticket the “right” way, given that it may share 24 or 48 or 72 hours off getting a response, I can take a couple of minutes to get it right.

The least I can do to prevent my ticket from clogging the system is take those couple of minutes.

0 Likes

I see where you having a problem … let me try to help
bouquet = image
beaucoup or bookoo

Seriously, I just did a walkthrough, both on my PC and on my phone and I think that the current process flow is great … so if you could provide specific selection pass’s that you feel will cause users additional stress, grief or confusion please outline them here so we (the community) can help you provide input to Republic for process improvement.

2 Likes

This will typically slow down triage and routing of tickets to the right team since there are many times little to no detail given in an email or people send to us from a non-account linked email and they can get put on a security/ verification hold (FCC is very strict).

This will not give us any capability to solve the issue before contacting you. We use the information gathered in the wizard to help pre-arm our agents, so doing and other > other > other is going to slow ticket routing also and it also usually leads to an extra contact from us to solve the issue.

5 Likes

@seanr can RW get rid of the counterintuitive pencil in the LH pane? The symbol when tapped/clicked in most apps/programs does normally open another pane or allow entering text below. Thanks…

0 Likes

You mean like the pencil on all other parts of our online portal that denote edit? No that would not be something I would recommend. It matches our account portal. When needing help the “pencil” to edit a choice should not be the sticking point, just answer the few questions we have to the best of your ability.

0 Likes

Thanks. May have just forgotten my preposition in earlier reply, bouquet of = flowery abundance of confusion. :smiley:

1 Like

Of course not, that would be a stupid thing to suggest.

Just in the LH ticket pane. If it can be remove from there it would avoid some confusion. You don’t have insight of a user to know if it creates a sticking point or not.

0 Likes

Our UX team did bring in users and did multiple user tests. Some users will like it some will not that is the nature of design. We have had very few reports of issues with it and we do get a lot of usage data. We are pretty data centric.

0 Likes

I wouldn’t expect anything less and understand RW does their best to vet new systems or changes…

0 Likes

I’m failing to see the issue with pencil placement. Yes, it takes one back to the previous step, so as to allow one to edit it. To me, it’s similar to the number change flow, where clicking the pencil also brings one back to the previous step allowing for edits.

In any event, who’s to say there’s one right way to open a ticket? Arguably, working one’s way through Republic’s flow will allow Republic to provide its most targeted efficient answer. That said, there’s no obligation to do so. One is free to send an email or ignore most of the prompts if they prefer. Different strokes…

0 Likes

@seanr,

I forgot to include a prime example of the pencil causing confusion. This topic was broken off and a result of responses to it. Can't tell when I have a Voicemail - No icon - MOTO X 2nd GEN

@rolandh,

I can’t help it all you tech geniuses can’t understand the confusion created for the simpletons.

0 Likes

I went back and took a look at that thread. I see a single individual who had difficulty opening a ticket. I do not discount his experience, however, I also don’t think it’s reasonable to redesign a process based on a single reference point either.

You’ve made a case for what you believe would be a process improvement. @seanr has explained why he doesn’t agree. Sometimes one just needs to agree to disagree.

0 Likes

Agreed and it’s no biggie. I was just adding the recent occurrence as an example for @seanr benefit that was actually documented. The member’s experience mirrored my first attempt a couple of months ago trying to enter a ticket using the newer system. We now have at least two points and obviously > than the majority of others are never known. Removing a pencil that doesn’t write shouldn’t require the redesign of a process.

0 Likes

OK, We have two examples. Any guesses on how many tickets are opened per day? I would imagine at least Hundreds.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer