Took Galaxy S7 Edge system update, now won't activate

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? just talk & text

Issue Description

I got a notification for a system update, which was small, so I assume it was only the December security update. Once my phone rebooted, I got an error from the Republic app saying I needed an Android update. I uninstalled the RW app, cleared system cache, then reinstalled the RW app. No luck.

I’m just guessing, but maybe RW needs to update something to recognize the system update.

Add images

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S7. I submitted help ticket and am hoping this is resolved quickly as I cannot make or receive calls or texts.

Hi @jumphour,

I think you may be on to something here. It’s a bit odd that it would come so soon after this: System Update for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge - 12/10/18.

Historically, Samsung’s not quite so efficient! I’ve passed the information along to staff.

2 Likes

Good morning @jumphour and @Coacholsenwife,

I’ve checked in with our engineers and they are already making the necessary changes to support this build. I am confident it will be working before lunchtime.

2 Likes

@jumphour and @Coacholsenwife,

The needed changes for the S7 Edge and S7 have now been completed. If you’re still seeing the notice that the build is unsupported, please reboot the phone, and let us know if you have any further trouble.

4 Likes

I went to sleep shortly after I posted, and woke up to a notification to reboot the phone. All better. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, I was quite surprised myself! It seemed like only yesterday I got the last security update.

Yes all is working now! Thank you!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer