Touch screen dead zones

What phone do you have?
PHONE: Moto G (16GB) (3rd Gen.)

What plan are you on?
PLAN: WiFi and Cell Talk and Text and 3G Data
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
WiFi and Cell Talk and Text and 3G Data

Issue Description

My touch screen seems to have several dead zones. I cannot enter anything on a vertical line that includes the letter i. rotating the screen allows me to work around, but of course then the dead zone is along the top of the screen.
I’m guessing it’s time for a new phone (there are other issues with this one: slow or no response in answering phone calls while in other apps, other repsonse time issues, which I guess could be touch screen problems too.)

It’s been going on for at least a week. Powering down the phone provides no improvement.

Thanks

Hi @kathyw

One thing you can do is run a hardware test on the screen. This is done by opening your app drawer and selecting :motohelp:. (Device help).

Select the “Fix” tab. There, under Hardware, there are test for Display, Touchscreen, Multi-touch.

I would recommend performing a Clear Cache operation before running the tests, (although you could do a before/after if you wish).

Clearing the Android caches may improve overall performance as well, especially if it has never been done or it has been awhile since being done.

Good luck, let us know what the results are.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer