Transfer a current republic number to a new republic phone

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question. I have a republic phone that is getting bad, and I’m in the process of buying a new phone from republic wireless. Can I transfer my current number to my new phone? If I put my number in the number transfer checker, it says I cannot transfer it.

Thank you for your help

The number checker is used only for numbers from other carriers. It is ALWAYS possible to move a number from one Republic phone to another, you’ll do that during the activation process of the new phone.

1 Like

I have a related question about transferring my current Republic number to a new Republic phone. My old phone (now dead) was on the 1.0 plan. When I activate my new phone (it should be arriving today) does it automatically shift me to the 2.0 plan? Or do I need to do something specific to make that happen?

If you “new” phone is a used Legacy phone when you activate as a line replacement it will take over your current plan
If your new phone is a 3.0 phone then you will be ask which data tier of the My Choice plans you want when you activate as repalcement
(all 3.0 phones need a My choice plan)

If you want to move a legacy phone line on 1.0 plans to a 2.0 Republic Refund Plan one needs to request this via the Republic app and it will take effect on ones billing date

Thanks so much. I misspoke (mis-typed) when I said a 2.0 plan. I believe it will be a My Choice plan since the new phone is a Mote-e4 plus (am I right?). I’m glad that it will ask me about which My Choice plan I want when I activate it, since the old phone won’t start anymore and I just entered my new billing cycle (I wouldn’t want to wait a month to be able to use the new phone).

1 Like

You are correct. You will choose which flavor of My Choice you want during activation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer