Transfer Existing RW phone/# to RW login

I have an existing RW phone with an active RW phone number. The phone has been used by a family member. The family members wants to retain the number. I want to transfer the phone so the family member can start paying for it themselves.

Can someone help me move the RW number to another RW login/account?

Hi @williamr.2pvkpo

Welcome to the Republic Wireless community where users are able to help each other out.

It sounds like you want to split off a phone from your account to a new account.

At this time there is no “easy” way or automatic way for this to happen.

There are different methods but the most official way is to contact Republic Support directly. The internal staff (vs us fellow users) may have some additional tools to help facilitate the process.

Republic Help

I was in the process of doing this. the RW Support Agent said, “I have to terminate this chat”. This left me with a partially registered phone, in my login, and not registered in the family members login. And I followed the RWSA instructions and had the phone # transferred from another vendor.

So once I called BACK and was helped out bye a knowledgable and helpful RW support agent. She was able to get the phone properly appearing under my account AND the family members login. However, the phone is now billed under my login. If the original RW support agent had stayed with me, the phone would be transferred one to the family members account…and I would not be here.

I am thinking this is just a setup on the RW side, and a simple transfer of the registration. I am being told I need to cancel the phone, and re-activate the phone under the family members account - which means I loose the phone number.

I have used RW for a year personally, and was happy with the service…until now.

As community members and fellow Republic customers…we don’t have access to your account details.

Your original question is a routine issue that is handled by submitting a help ticket from the original account

requesting that one or more of the phones be split out into their individual accounts.

You should not be asked to cancel a line of service to split it off into it’s own account. Maybe we are missing

additional details…but on the face of it…it sounds inaccurate.

Your quickest recourse would be to go to

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

and click on the blue Live Chat button within that interface

to chat with internal RW support to get this resolved.

Hi @williamr.2pvkpo,

I’ve found your tickets and I’m having a little trouble understanding where you are in the process, so I’m going to follow up with you there.

I am thinking this is just a setup on the RW side, and a simple transfer of the registration. I am being told I need to cancel the phone, and re-activate the phone under the family members account - which means I loose the phone number.

I assure you that there’s no sort of “simple transfer of the registration” available to us in our system. While I understand the database concepts you’d expect to work this way, our systems do not support splitting of accounts as you’re describing. This does not, however, mean that in all cases the number must be forfeited.

SouthPaw, how many people recognize that phrase. My Dad is a Southpaw. Anyway.

My daughter has my former RW phone. We decided she will take over responsibility of the phone plan. The phone needs to be wholly transferred to her account, under her RW Login, and removed from mine.

I have a ticket open for this, and she is recently assigned one as well.

From Ticket : 1068500

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/requests/1068500
From RW to my daughter [redacted]
To: [redacted]
Cc:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

To see your whole conversation, click your ticket number: #1078258

Moderator’s note: Content edited to remove personal info.

Thanks for the update. I understand now what you’re hoping to achieve. I’ll take a look at your ticket in just a moment.

Message an
Expert customer