Transfer files from Nexus 5X to Windows PC (10)

I’m unable to find the answer in your Help links. I have latest Android update (8.1) on my Lexus Nexus 5X (Republic Phone). I have high-end computers with Windows 10 on them.

I need to know how to transfer files/photos from the phone to the computer/s. Nothing opens up on the computer when I connect the phone via the USB cable. Would like to know how to get some phone files/photos moved to my computers.

Thanks, in advance,
Steve.

Moderator’s note: personal info redacted

Notable Newbies: Welcome!

Hi @stephenb.h69lxg,

First, please be sure that the cable you are using to connect the phone to the Computer is a data cable. Some cables are for charging only.

Once the phone is connected to the computer by a data cable, look for a notification on the phone. You’ll have to let the phone know how you wish to use that connection to the computer.

Here are some instructions:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804?hl=en

1 Like

Very strange. I did not post my personal info (tel. no.) in the post. Got an email saying I did and the post states that the Moderator redacted personal information…What the heck is going on here??? Not happy.

Hi @stephenb.h69lxg,

Just below your signature in the original post, a phone number was included.
One of our members replied asking you to remove it. I deleted that reply when I edited the post and removed the phone number, because that reply was then no longer relevant to this thread.

I’m sorry all this has left you unhappy. Would you like me to restore the post to its original state?

Did the answer I provided about transferring data help at all?

2 Likes
closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer