Transfering texts

I just activated a new Moto X4 successfully transferred my contacts from Moto G4, however the texts from each contact never got transferred. How do I transfer the texts?

You’ll need to use a 3rd party app. There’s a good description here: How to Transfer Contacts, Photos, Text messages and Other Info to Your New Phone

asking a question in this thread so as not to start a new one. i just restored my text messages from old moto x first gen to new moto x4 using the app SMS backup and restore as suggested in many threads. took a long time to figure out how to do it and make it work and it was a lengthy process since i had 4.5 years of messages on my old phone.

My question is - any photos or attachments that were in the text messages on the old phone did not transfer to the new phone. Is there any way to restore those? those were the items that i was most interested in saving.

thanks

You’ll have to do the transfer again. In SMS Backup/Restore when you set-up the backup on the old phone you’ll have to hit the “Advanced Options” link at the bottom and then toggle on MMS in the advanced options.