Transferred number not recognized

Last week I set up my new Moto 5G Ace with a transfered number from Google Voice. Today I was told that a person tried to call my number and they received a message that the number is no longer in service. However, I can make calls from the phone fine.
How do I resolve this issue?

The 1st thing that comes to mind is to, take the action recommended in:

1 Like

Hi @elyod72,

Everything looks correct as far as the number being assigned to your service line.

Are you receiving any calls at all?

Do you know what phone service the person calling you is using?

1 Like

I reactivated the phone. So let’s see. I have gotten very few calls since I got the phone.

The caller trying to get a hold of me today was from a landline calling from a school.

1 Like

Please let me know if you’d like me to try calling the number to make sure it rings.

1 Like

Yes please.

Okay, calling now from a 904 area code. You don’t need to answer, since we’re just trying to make sure it rings.

Hi @elyod72,

Just wanted to check in with you to see if you’ve had any more reports of calls not routing to your phone?

While my test call to you went straight through, if you are still having trouble with local callers not being able to reach you, we’d want to open a ticket with our routing partner to have them investigate with your the local landline carrier in your area.

It seems to be working good. I have not had any reports of calls not going through. Thank you for your help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer