Transferring a plan to a new phone

My current phone is slowly dying on me, so I was going to get a new one from Republic. The one question I do have is that I have a My Choice Talk and Text that I paid for annually, through January. Am I able to switch phones and transfer the plan from the old phone to the new one? I checked the website, and it mentions transferring the number, but I can’t find anything about transferring service.

Your annual payment plan is tied to the service line. If you activate your new phone as a replacement for your old phone the annual plan will remain in effect:

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025701314-Will-My-Annual-Plan-Carry-over-If-I-Activate-a-Replacement-Phone-

3 Likes

when you move your Sim card from your old phone to your new and you do the restart the phone requests to activate the phone with RW, once your activation is complete whatever plan you have on your old phone will be on your new. It is actually quite that simple.

For others reading, (because some people do search and browse without posting their own questions) I do want to emphasize that @hollowWorld indicated he’s on the My Choice plan. For him, yes, his current plan will move to a new My Choice compatible phone.

However, for all of our legacy members who are still using the DEFY XT, Moto E (1st or 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st or 3rd Gen), or Moto X (1st or 2nd Gen), their plans will not move to their new phone when they upgrade.

This is a tremendous surprise to many of these long-time members, and I don’t want to add to their confusion by failing to highlight that fact at every opportunity.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer