Transferring from Moto E 1st gen to Moto 5G plus

Just purchased a Moto 5G plus (not from Republic) and instructions are saying to remove Republic Sim card from old phone and put in new? I don’t see where sim card is in Moto E and no tools were included in original box.? I am not a “techy” and may need a lot of assistance with this new phone. Thanks!

0 Likes

Those instructions are bad and don’t apply at Republic. You’re going to need to purchase a Republic BYOP SIM. You can get one from either Republic: Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless or Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-SIM-Starter-Kit/dp/B01J63NYAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508623998&sr=8-1&keywords=republic+sim

1 Like

Thanks so much! Just purchased one.

1 Like

What instructions do you recommend following to set up new phone once I get SIM card?

0 Likes

The process is actually pretty simple. Republic provides basic instructions here: Activate Your Phone – Republic Help

2 Likes

Hi @nancyd.nuj40q,

Could you please tell me if these are instructions you received from Republic Wireless, and if so, where they are? I’d like to make sure they are corrected.

0 Likes

@southpaw Nancy states the phone came from a place other than Republic. I would assume it is the generic Motorola instructions that are being referenced.

0 Likes

I just want to be sure.

0 Likes

I’m not sure where I saw them but think it was on a Republic forum. In any case, I LOVE my new phone and my brother set it up for me.!

0 Likes

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer