Transferring number; do I request new number from RW?

I am going to transfer my existing phone number from RW to another carrier but will also keep my existing RW account. What is the order of transfer–I assume I transfer the existing number first–and do I request a new phone number for the account or will it default to the original number assigned to it? If it defaults, will that number show up automatically on the account? I have no record of what that number was.

0 Likes

After you transfer the number your phone will be deactivated. When you reactivate it a new number will be assigned.

0 Likes

In order to give you accurate info, we need to know what phone and plan do you currently have?

0 Likes

It’s a Moto G phone with Base Plan + 1G Cell Data

–c

0 Likes

1. Do not cancel your service with RW. Initiate a number porting request from your new provider. Be sure to set up a PIN in the account portal. You will need to provide it to your new provider at the time of number porting. Once your number ports over, your Moto G1 will be automatically deactivated.
    See here for more useful info on the number porting process
    How to Transfer Your Number from Republic Wireless – Republic Help

2. Once your number is deactivated, you can reactivate it as a new line of service with a new phone number. If you are planning on using the newly activated line on your Moto G1 then it is not that critical to factory reset, you can simply open the Republic Wireless App and activate it as a new line of service. If someone else is going to use the new line of service and wants their Google credentials on the line, then you should first factory reset the phone and then activate it as a new line of service.

0 Likes

The number porting request has already been initiated. I will click the transfer button and see what happens. And thanks for item 2 information. I am keeping phone for my use but I’m glad you brought up the need to reset to factory settings, in the event I do transfer the phone over at some point. I wouldn’t have thought of that.

–c

2 Likes

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer