Transferring number from Republic Wireless to Sprint

I am trying to transfer my daughters number from Republic Wireless to Sprint. I have been told that our account PIN is incorrect but have reset it multiple times online and have all the account info for Sprint. They keep saying the number is coming from a landline but she had a cell phone. Any advice before we give up on her old number and just get a new one?

Republic numbers are VOIP due to Republic Hybrid WiFi First VOIP with Cell back up.

that said there no reason why Sprint can not transfer the number (as they have done many a times)

Just curious, Is there any particular reason why you are moving to Sprint?
Republic offers cell service using the CDMA Sprint network, as well as GSM tmobile.

Hi @avag.duye1g,

Due to the nature of Republic’s blended WiFi/cell service, Republic numbers are indeed classified as landlines (wireline is the more correct industry term). There is nothing Republic is able to do to change this regulatory FCC classification.

The above said the wireline classification of Republic’s numbers isn’t the reason for Sprint indicating the PIN is wrong and Sprint accepts Republic numbers.

The likely reason for the PIN issue is your daughter’s phone is assigned to her as a secondary user as described by Republic here: How to Assign a User to a Phone – Republic Help.

If I’m right about her phone being assigned, the path of least resistance is to remove the assignment as described by Republic here: How to Un-Assign (Remove) a User – Republic Help.

Once unassigned the PIN for transferring your daughter’s number would be the one you’ve set as the account owner. It would probably be best to ask Sprint to cancel any pending transfer (port), then start from scratch.

If there’s something that might be done that would keep your daughter from moving to Sprint, Republic would appreciate the opportunity. Specifically, if it’s a coverage issue as mentioned (for some phones) Republic is able to provision cellular coverage with Sprint.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the help! I’ve switched my daughter’s basic plan onto a Sprint family plan and got new phones at the same time. We don’t get coverage at our home so just had her using RW without data until now. Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer