Transferring number to xfinity

I’ve been waiting to port my number to xfinity. Xfinity says it only takes 15 min, and I’ve been waiting 1 hour!

I’ve been waiting to port my number to xfinity as well. Xfinity says it only takes 15 min, and I’ve been waiting 1 hour!

Hi @everettc,

I cannot begin to imagine why Xfinity would have told you the porting process takes 15 minutes. In fact, when I look at their FAQ about number transfers, this is what I see:

How long will it take to port my phone number?
Most ports are processed within three to five business days. However, the timing can vary depending on several factors, including the carrier from which you are porting and the volume of porting orders currently being processed, as well as any specific or unique circumstances for your porting order.

Well, it says 15 min when I went to xfinitymobile.com/activate.

I talked to a customer service agent at xfinity. She said to wait another 1-2 hours, and that she would call me again to see if the number was transferred.

If you’ve never dealt with Comcast customer service before, you’re in for a rude awakening from a company whose customer satisfaction is sometimes lower than that if the IRS.

As a small business user of their services (internet, tv, phones) the last 6 years my experience has been very poor. Poor follow up, different “solutions” for the same issue, maddening phone trees, incompetence in quoting contact renewals… The list goes on and on.

I have no other options for internet but just this month cut their services back to where they are nothing more than a $70 a month isp (not even their “rental router”). That’s my level of frustration.

Anyway, best of luck.

Having helped lots of folks transfer to Xfinity I’ve never seen it take less than 3 days, nearly always at least 5 days, and on a few occasions over 14 days.

Generally when they port back it takes a lot less time.

Message an
Expert customer