Transferring old number

Before I can transfer my old number (Verizon) to Republic, am I supposed to go ahead and activate the line? (Pay for service) Or is there a step I am missing?

It does not make it clear if you are supposed to activate the service…the activation says “new number” and I don’t want to go ahead and find that I was not supposed to.

The FAQ do not make it clear…can someone help?

Thanks!

That’s correct. You need to activate the service, with a new Republic number. Only once the line is active, will you then see the option to transfer a number in your online account.

2 Likes

Thank you!

So, I activate the phone using “new number” option, then request a line change?

1 Like

Please see How To Transfer Your Number To Republic Wireless, and don’t forget to use the number checker to make sure your number can, in fact, be transferred to Republic. Welcome to the Republic!

2 Likes

Correct. Directions here:

2 Likes

Thanks - I got to the very end, but became confused with the account number. It was a Verizon prepaid, and I sent the wrong account number. Republic kicked it back, but I don’t seem to be ab;e to change the account information in the request - it still shows the incorrect account number after I submit.

Is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks for all the help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Power of posting…THIS time it saved. :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the help.

5 Likes

On the off chance that it’s a browser issue, try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser and try again.

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer