Transitioning from 2.0 to new plan

I am very unable to find a phone that is compatible with my 2.0 plan. I’m not happy about this.

1. Can I buy a new phone that isn’t a Republic Wireless phone?

2. Can I get the new plan, without buying data?

3. Can you suggest any accessories I should have?

Hi @jamied.gygmwp

1. The newer phones can only be used with the My Choice plans. It is not possible to use a new phone on one of the older plans like the 2.0 Republic Refund plan…

The phones that can be used on your plan are no longer being manufactured so they can no longer be purchased as new.

You can find used models on e-commerce sites such as eBay or swappa.com.

Here is a link to a guide for buying and selling used Republic Wireless phones:

Here is the list of phones that will work with your plan:

Moto E1 XT1019
Moto E2 XT1526 - make sure it’s the Republic Wireless version
Moto G1 XT1031
Moto G3 XT1548 - make sure it’s the Republic Wireless version
Moto X1 XT1049
Moto X2 XT1094

1. You can buy a new phone from another source but it must be on the list of compatible devices. These are North America factory unlocked phones and can be taken to any other provider that will accept that model.

Here is a link to the list of currently approved devices.

1. Yes, you can get the $15 per month My Choice plan option. This includes unlimited talk and text on cell but data would be on WiFi only.

2. I always recommend a good case to protect the phone. It’s a good idea to keep enough money in your budget for this.

2 Likes

Republic current plans use North American (US regional) Factory Unlocked phones (no longer are phones customized for Republic to use)
these phone can be purchased anywhere not just from Republic just make sure it’s the North American (US regional) Factory Unlocked version of the supported phones

Yes the My Choice plan has a unlimited talk and text for $15 all Data purchases are optional

if the 3.0 phone you end up purchasing has a USB Type-C (vs the Micro USB connector) you may want to look into chargers/cable that are compatible

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer