Traveling to South France

What is a good carrier I can pick up a Sim from in Paris or avignon?
I have a gsm phone.

Hi @melm,

Welcome to our Member Community!

I used Lebara when I was in France last August, and have no complaints! I bought the SIM cards at a Relay store in Paris. I spent time in Paris, Bretagne (not south at all), and the Dordogne valley in the south west.

I hope you have a great trip!!

2 Likes

The Dorgone is one of my favorite places on earth. I had the pleasure of an extended stay at the Château de la Treyne a few years ago.

1 Like

Ooh, I’m so jealous that you’re going to France! My wife and I visited about 2 years ago. At the time my wife was using a Moto G4 and I was using my trusty Nexus 5x.

I debated whether to buy a prepaid card, but ultimately decided against it due to the amount of free WiFi in the areas that we were traveling in. I ended up downloading sections from Google Maps of the areas of France that we were planning on visiting. Other than that, we just connected to WiFi if we needed to email, text, or Skype with our kids. There is a lot of public, free WiFi in Paris, as well as in Avignon. However, I realize that WiFi only doesn’t work for most people.

Bon Voyage! I hope you have a good time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!. Good to know there’s free WiFi.

P.s. I’m surprised how many people pay out the wazoo for service instead of republic.

Thanks guys
!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer