Tried to move pict, music, etc to external memory card

getting_help

Moto G 4 plus, 1 GB plan, unlimited talk & text.

I tried to move my pictures, music, videos to the external memory card. I lost the folders on the internal memory that holds these. But it didn’t move them to the external card. I downloaded software to find deleted files and fortunately salvaged my most important pictures. But now the phone can’t find things. I downloaded a music app and was able to manually find my music, but the app on the phone can not find any music.

When moving things I followed instructions found on the internet. Not sure now what exactly those instructions were as it’s been a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas what happened and how to fix it?

Issue Description

I’m thinking you moved the folders to the SD card instead of moving their contents? Does that sound right?

You can make new folders on Internal Storage called Music and Videos. I believe by just taking a picture that will restore the DCIM > Camera folder. Possibly the same will happen if you add Music or a Video, if not create the folder yourself.

When I move things to external storage, I open the source folder and choose All, then choose either copy or move to Internal Storage.

What app are you using? For moving and/coping I prefer to use Android’s Explore feature rather than an 3rd party app.

Thanks for the response.

Recreating the folders on the internal storage would probably work. However, i want to keep all video, photos and music on the external card. How do I get the phone to recognize this is where media is stored?

Here is a video on how to change storage location:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.