Trouble making some internet connections

• Answer the following questions, then tell us more about the problem you are having.—>

What phone do you have? MotoX4

What plan are you on? My Choice plus1

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data

Issue Description

I’m having trouble making some internet connections. For instance, I can go to the playstore but when I do a specific search for something, I get the message “No internet connection. Make sure Wi-Fi or cellular data is turned on, then try again.” And I can do a google search for something but when I click on a link that showed up from that search I get the message “This site can’t be reached.”

This is happening whether I’m out on a cellular connection or at home with my Wi-Fi on and working. Have I accidentally changed some settings or something, Because a few days ago it was working just fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Wayne

Do you get this error in Chrome? Have you tried using another browser such as Firefox?

You can try clearing your browsing data in Chrome
Open the Chrome app
Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Privacy -> Clear Browsing Data
Time Range -> All Time
And then tap of “Clear Data”

2 Likes

I tried clearing the browsing history in chrome and that did not make any difference.

Another thing to try would be clear the data for the Google and Play Store apps.

Long press the icon for Chrome… tap on the “i” icon for App info.
Tap on Storage.
Tap on Clear Cache.
You can also clear the Data for the Chrome app and see if that helps.

Same goes for the Play Store App

1 Like

Restarting your phone is always an option, or is that too 'ol-school?..:grinning:

Yes the restarting will fix this but this is happening frequently on the Moto X4 it seems. This didn’t use to happen but now myself and coworkers have been having the same issue.

1. At the time of failure could you examine the Republic Wireless Notification and post what you saw?
    (home and/or work)
  2. Are your co-workers using the same phone as you?

Hi @waynen.vfckzv,

It’s been a couple of weeks since we last heard from you. Have you been able to solve this Wi-Fi connectivity issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer