Trouble sending text messages

HELP!!!

I am having two issues. Main one is, when I try to send a picture with text message, error message I get is …not sent, tap to retry again

Moderator’s note: Title and content edited based on further replies, to provide needed context in the original post.

which phone?

as long as you reinstall/update the Republic app(s) it should work

Hi @valeries.seu14q,

If you are asking if you can factory reset your phone without cancelling your line, the answer is yes. A factory reset will wipe all your personal information off the phone, but it will not cancel the line of service.

If you explain exactly what sorts of problems you’ve been having, the Community might be able to help without your needing to go through a factory reset.

Moto z play

I am having two issues. Main one is, when I try to send a picture with text message, error message I get is …not sent, tap to retry again

which texting app are you using?

See Troubleshooting Texting Issues . Are you using Google Messenger?

For Republic 3.0 Phones (Google Pixel and Pixel XL, Huawei Ascend 5W, Moto G4, G4 PLUS, and G4 PLAY, Moto X Pure Edition, Moto Z and Z PLAY, Nexus 5X, 6, and 6P, and Samsung Galaxy, J3, S6, S7, and S7 edge)
You’ll need to ensure that the Google Messenger app is installed and set as the default messaging app. While other messaging apps may work, we’ll only provide support for messaging using Google Messenger.

Note: The Moto X Pure, and all Samsung phones require the installation and configuration of Google Messenger.

Message an
Expert customer