Trouble with Social Security Account

What phone do you have? Moto G5
I cannot access my Social Security account. Years ago when I established the account I indicated I wanted to receive access codes from SS ussing SMS text. For some reason RW cannot receive short texts from SS so I am not able to access my SS account. I tried to follow RW directions to change the access code notification to email. However in order to do that I have to log on to my SS account and request the change. I can’t request the change because I cannot access my account. It’s a catch 22. Tell me how to fix this please.

What plan are you on? I am on a plan that I pay about $22.00 a month. I have everything on this plan.

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

This seems to be very hit and miss with Social Security. For years, the short codes they sent when logging in showed up on my RW phone (Moto 5+, GSM) and I was able to log in. Then it stopped working. Lots of discussion in this forum. I went the slow route and Social Security sent me a letter that allowed me to set up an alternate method of 2FA. (e-mail address). When setting that up, I included my cel phone as an alternate and the short codes tested perfectly. They worked when setting it up but not when logging in. Strange. So, I’ve used my e-mail and it works fine.

Now recently, my wife with exactly the same RW phone and plan, except hers is CDMA, went to check her account and the short codes worked just fine.

My only recommendation is to set up the e-mail as an alternate method.

Check this out

Message an
Expert customer