Trying to Learn About Cellular Data

Hello, we have a small piece of land in Florida without cable internet service available. Satellite is an option but too expensive. Cellular service is available with good signals. I’ve occasionally used my Republic phone as a hotspot with good success. But that can end up being expensive too. So I’m not necessarily wanting to use Republic Wireless, but beyond that it gets confusing, with a number of carriers, cellular routers, and services to choose from.

So I’m starting here, hoping someone can point me to some good info.

Thanks!
Laryn

If it’s available at your location, T-Mobile has dropped the price of their 5G home internet service to $50/month. Verizon has a similar offering for $70/month. AT&T also offers fixed wireless internet (but I’m not sure what the price is as a standalone service). Make sure to read the fine print for data caps, speed reductions, equipment cost, contract terms, etc… I’m unaware of discussion forums specifically organized for fixed cellular internet chatter. It’s kind of a niche market right now.

2 Likes
  • To start, it would help if you provide the zipcode of the location (nothing more) … this will allow some additional checking on what might be available for you. I feel with future technologies like 5G, there will be lots of opportunities to take advantage of.

Thank you CB, I’ll check into those as I move through this process.

Thanks!
Laryn

jben, our Zip is 34449.

I certainly do not need 5G speeds; 4G will be just fine. I check email, search the Web, and watch a few videos. But perhaps 5G opens other doors that I’m not aware of right now. Your links provided should help.

Thanks!
Laryn

Good, using T-Mobile’s coverage map and the address of the USPO withing your zipcode you should have good 4G/LTE coverage. You may want to use the link and drill down to your specific location to double-check.

Message an
Expert customer