Two different numbers ring on my phone

What phone do you have? moto 6g

What plan are you on? republic no extra data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? just talk and text

Issue Description

My phone rings for a number, not my number, that is advertised as a truck service on face book. How do i stop that number from ringing

Hi @richardw.2tibee ,

Welcome to our Member Community!

Our service differs from other carriers because we blend cellular and WiFi calling. Doing so requires that each phone is assigned a Republic Wireless phone number, but also a cellular routing number.

Sometimes our members are assigned a cellular routing number that is “noisy.” It sounds like in your case the truck service has gone out of business or changed their number, and the number that’s still on Facebook was, after an “aging” period, assigned to your phone. It’s a shame they didn’t bother to update their Facebook page to remove that number, since anyone who acquires that number from now on will face the same problem you’re facing of getting calls for that service.

Our Help Team can make a change to reset your cellular routing number in the hopes that you’ll get a quieter number.

I see that you already have a Help Ticket open on the matter. I’ll update the ticket with some additional details and re-assign it to a team that can make this change for you.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer