UI not responding

What phone do you have? moto x pure

What plan are you on? 3g

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data

Issue Description

UI not responding, started last week i believe. Google Chrome always says not responding several times a day.? not sure if connected

i cleared the UI cache, and its still happeing. Sorry i am not cell savvy person, but this last year has been nothing but problems with my service, between Att wifi, and my phone. i have to use my landline in my home, because my cell keeps cutting out, even though it says i have full wifi power.

Welcome to the RW Community … lets see what we can figure out with you.
I have AT&T and agree, their WiFi often doesn’t measure up.
Initally, what does the RW Notification show? … 1 finger swipe down from top … the Arc open/closed and its color along with the verbiage is important. What are the Connectivity Status Notifications? – Republic Help

• The problem you are having could be a simple as a neighbors WiFi is on the same channel. The easiest method of detecting this would be as follows:
    • Access the Republic Wireless App
    • Tap the Settings Icon :settingsicon: Top right
    • Tap ‘Advanced Settings’
    • Scroll down and Tap ‘Run diagnostics test’ then Tap the Green bar that says ‘RUN DIAGNOSTICS TEST’
      You should see the results once the tests complete, something like this:

What do you see? (screenshot would be best, to help you understand/take action

Jben, thanks for such clear directions. This is screen shot after test. I will get other info you asked about when it happens again.

I will do this again also when the UI message comes up.

I don’t get the green arc anymore.

Thx

Ok , thanks for the feedback:

• The Diags didn’t pick off the WiFi problem that I suspected … so put that aside for a bit
  • Per the screenshot, you need to Enable Cell Data Roaming
    • I have a Moto X Pure and it’s a bit harder to find …
      • Android Settings :settingsicon: / Wireless & networks ‘More’ / Cellular networks / Toggle ‘Data roaming’ to the right (green)
  • Loss of the Republic Arc
    • Normally the Republic Arc in the status line can be recovered by the following
      • Republic App/ :settingsicon: Settings / Advanced Settings / Toggle off/on the 'Show the Republic notification’
  • I am not sure what you are referring to as the UI message, could you elaborate?

I enabled roaming, i had it off because battery goes down fast? I thought it might help.

I went to the show republic notification and it was already checked, so I unchecked and rechecked. Still not there. I read a few months back that something was upgraded and some never got the arc back.:thinking:

Here is a link to info about UI not responding:

https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-issue/android-system-ui-stopped.html

Thank you for your time and patience

• On the RW Arc, you may want to check that something hasn’t changed to block Notifications from RW
    • Settings :settingsicon: / Device/ Notifications should show 'All apps allowed to send"
  • Re the UI message problem, have you ever done a Clear Cache
    • I would recommend you do both the ‘Clear the Cache of All Installed Apps’ and the ‘Clear the Android System Cache’

Republic was blocked?? not sure how that happened. fixed that.

On Moto x Pure i just had to turn off phone and go into recovery mode and cache delete selected and hit power button and it cleared cache…guess what i now have the Republic arc back at top of phone screen… thanks. You are the best at giving instructions, because i know very little about this and it was fairly easy to get it done with your directions. only problems i had was user error…lol ME!.. thanks again i hope this stops the UI problems.

Barb

1 Like
automatically bumped #8

this is an email from before when I was having problems with my phone the problem is back and just thought I would send a screenshot again

automatically bumped #10
Message an
Expert customer