Unable to hear the other person on the line and sometimes they can't hear me

Hello,

My phone will stop me from hearing the person on the end and sometimes I hear them but they don’t hear me.

Thanks Harold

Moderator’s note: Title edited for typo

That model has been troublesome when new. You can try the black tape fix to see if it helps any, but it may be time for a new phone.

Moto E (2nd Gen.) Audio Issues Update

Hi @haroldf.rqk9d5,

Have you ever noticed if this problem happens only when the phone is on Wi-Fi, or are you also experiencing it on Cell?

If it happens only on Wi-Fi, does it happen on several Wi-Fi networks, or one specific one? If only on one specific Wi-Fi network, it may be possible to adjust some router settings to clear it up. You would need to log into the router as its administrator (like you do to set the network password) and disable SIP or SIP ALG.

If it’s happening on both Wi-Fi and cell, it could be caused by an app conflict - some other app is interfering. You could test by putting the phone in Safe Mode, and see if the problem clears up.

If all else fails, Clearing the Cache is always a good troubleshooting step.

If this is happening on WiFi only, then it’s possible that your neighbor’s WiFi is interfering with your WiFi. Download WiFi analyzer to verify if this is happening. Move to a different channel on your router to avoid your neighbor.

Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

Message an
Expert customer