Uninstall Android 8.0.0

I love trying beta versions. However, I don’t care for this version and would like to return my Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2. When I installed 8, I read that it’d be easy to return to my previous version. But, so far, it doesn’t seem easy! Any advice welcome!

0 Likes

I’ll save you from trying to answer me. Here is what I found on Android Central: To leave the beta program, simply press the button on the Android Beta program page to unenroll. Your phone will receive an over-the-air update to return to the stable version of Android 7.1.2 Nougat, but your phone will be wiped clean upon rebooting, so back up your stuff.

3 Likes

Hey @donnag.346

Great info. Are we talking about Nexus devices?. …(curiosity).
:relaxed:

0 Likes

Yes. My phone is a Nexus 6P which I love.
Nougat 7.1.2 is fine. But I was curious about 8 for its reported battery
saving. However, I didn’t like its Settings format, so I’m returning to

1 Like

Oh, my. That’s what happens when you read the solution first. :green_apple:

1 Like

Hi donnag346
I might add if you are on FI with you nexus6P an had fi switch it was google was pulling maint on there fi app an for awhile or almost 36 hrs you were not able to switch to another carrier It did not recognize the
query to switch. It is now working.Another thing is if one of the carriers are pulling maint. it will not switch to that carrier.
I found this out on my nexus 5 X .

1 Like

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer