Unlock moto g5plus?

How do I unlock Moto G5 plus?

Hi @donaldm.drifln and welcome to the Member Community. All of the Republic Wireless 3.0 phones are unlocked. This means you can take them to a different provider as long as the phone meets the new providers Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) requirements.

Hope this helps! Please come back if you have other questions.

1 Like

My pc gives me a notice that it can’t detect my phone because it’s locked and I can’t upload any pictures. Ideas?

Hi @donaldm.drifln - is this a new problem? On our Moto G6s we simply turn the phone on (unlock the screen) and connect it to a USB port on our Windows 10 pc. Then swipe down from the top of the phone while it is connected via USB and we have options. Usually the default is USB charging only. We just tap for more options and select File Transfer.

What computer are you using? Where does it fail in this process?

1 Like

I got it figured out and it’s not the solution I wanted. I had three different photo viewers my computers,I have two. None of them would recognize my phone.
In the end I gave up and downloaded Google photos which is what I have on my phone and It worked perfectly. I really didn’t need another photo app but that’s all I figured out to do.
Still don’t know why the others would not accept the new photos on my phone.
Both PC’s are Windows 10 and are cleaned regularly.
Maybe some day I’ll figure it out.
Thanks for all your help.

This generally means that the screen of your phone is locked. You simply unlock the screen as you would normally to access the phone, and that should resolve it.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer