Unlocked Moto e6 Compatible?

If I were to buy an unlocked Moto e6 directly from Motorola, is that compatible with a republic SIM card?

The model you need is XT2005-5 RETUS (retail US). As far as I can tell, that is the unlocked model at Motorola.com. It is also the model at Best Buy which I also believe is the same price as at Motorola ($100). I bought mine at BB and it works flawlessly with RW. I love the phone and Android 9.0. I would not hesitate to buy it again.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to piggyback on this topic but I did have a question about the best buy moto e6. Were you able to verify the model # (XT2005-5) before you bought it? The only model # I could find was pfga0014us and I didn’t want to order it in vain.

Thank you!

Sam

Hi @samuele.7va326 and welcome to the Community!

While Best Buy calls PAFG0014US a model number, it’s really Motorola’s manufacturer’s part number (MPN). PAFG0014US corresponds to Motorola’s model number XT2005-5. The phone is Republic compatible and linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-e6-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-starry-black/6355878.p?skuId=6355878.

You will, however, pay the $99 “Activate Later” price as Best Buy does not activate phones with Republic.

1 Like

Roland,

Thank you for your response and clarifying the model #s! I’m glad that it’s the compatible phone.

Sam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer