Unlocked Phone Work on CDMA and GSM?

Hello, Looking into Republic Wireless as my wireless provider.

I am fairly new to these types of services.

correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that it their service will work similar to Google Fi. Would it switch from CDMA to GSM depending on the service? I have a Moto G5 Plus that I purchased unlocked and i am wondering if it would still do the switching even if i bought it unlocked.

Also wondering if there were any sort of specials at the moment.

Thank You

Hi @dblamma!

No , that’s not how it would work with Republic. You either have GSM or CDMA, but not both at one time. Whether you get GSM or CDMA depends on your location. CDMA is actually not publicly available for BYOD yet. Have you used the coverage checker to determine if BYOD works in your area? You can find it here: 4G LTE + WiFi for the Best Cell Phone Coverage | Republic Wireless.

As far as specials go, are you talking about plan discounts or device discounts? Republic has quite a few devices with some discounts in their store. As far as service line discounts, there are not currently any promotions.

I hope that helps!

mb2x

Just to add if GSM [T-Mobile] is not a good fit the a support ticket can move a CDMA compatible phone like the Moto G5 Plus to the CDMA partner [Sprint]

Yep :wink:

Awesome, Thanks for the input.

Just ordered my SIM card!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.