Unsupported Phone Activation

If I purchase a phone that is not on the RW compatibility list but is the next generation phone, will it be rejected automatically or is there a possibility that it will activate? In other words, will I be disappointed that I bought a phone that older generations are compatible but because RW hasn’t certified the phone I have no chance of making it work?

• Q: If not on the RW compatibility list but is the next generation phone, will it be rejected automatically
    • A: The current code check done by the Republic App will prevent it from activating.
  • Q: Is there a possibility that it will activate?
    • A: No it will not activate
  • Q: Will I be disappointed that I bought a phone that older generations are compatible but because RW hasn’t certified the phone I have no chance of making it work?
    • A: You may be disappointed, but bear in mind that Republic Wireless was recently purchased by Dish and they are in the middle of merging into their business model while maintaining their culture and customers (they call us members). I would suggest we all continue to support them as they have supported us over the years … at least until the dust settles

Thank you. The issue, discussed elsewhere is I need a new phone now and I don’t want to buy a lesser phone just because RW is in a holding pattern. I’ll have to evaluate whether to leave over a phone I guess.

2 Likes

I take it you’re referring to the pixel 6 lol

Message an
Expert customer