Unsupported phone number with Twitter

Why do I get unsupported phone number with Twitter?

1 Like

Hi @Matthew1980

If you’re interested in a workaround, last I tried, Twitter would accept a Google Voice number despite the fact Google Voice numbers are also VoIP.

1 Like

I had the same problem, and solved it really simply. Hope this works for you!

I signed up on my computer, not my phone. About 5 minutes after creating a Twitter account with my email only (I skipped the phone number part), my account was locked out for security reasons. I tried to log on, but I was required to enter a phone number first in order to unlock my account. My normal phone number did not work (unsupported number), so I tracked down how to find the ‘hidden’ number that Republic uses for my Moto G6. That seemed to work, but the SMS verification text never arrived. Tried a few times, no luck. Finally I realized there was an option to receive a phone call rather than a text message. I clicked that instead, and immediately got a phone call with an automated code which I entered…and unlocked my account!

For my phone, the hidden number is found by opening up a phone call dialing pad, entering ##4636##. Click on ‘phone information’, second line down is ‘phone number’

Hope that helps!

Its been stated quite a few times on here that the hidden underlying number is not SMS capable. Thus, you can not use that number for anything.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer