Unwanted cancellation

Yesterday morning (2/20/17) I received an email with subject:

Phone Line Cancellation Request Complete

Republic was informing me they are cancelling my service:

We’re writing to let you know that we’ve canceled service for your Republic Wireless phone number:(**) -. Your cancellation request is now complete and you’ll no longer receive monthly plan charges for this service line.

I did not request and do not want it cancelled. I have submitted a ticket.

My main concern is keeping my number. If I go through the process on my phone (Moto X, 1st generation) to reactivate, do you know if I will be able to keep or transfer my number?

I submitted a help ticket yesterday and am waiting to hear back from Republic. Thanks for any help.

Hi @thomasm.tciuma,

I’m sorry to hear of this experience. You’ve done the right thing by raising a help ticket!

Reactivating your phone will cause it to receive a new phone number but you may as well go ahead and do that, so you have a working phone. Republic support will then do its’ best to fish your old number out of the pool and restore it to your phone. The phone needs to be active for them to be able to do that.

Numbers are typically aged for a period of time before being reassigned. Since this happened yesterday, support will probably be able to get the old number back on your phone. If you would be kind enough to share your ticket number, I’ll do my best to see it has the attention of the right folks within support.

Ticket number: 1069818

Thanks.

Hi @thomasm.tciuma,

I’m confident the right eyes are on your ticket. I suggest keeping an eye out for further responses here: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/requests/1069818.

Hi @thomasm.tciuma,

@rolandh brought your situation to my attention, and I’ve responded in your ticket and have made sure your ticket is in the right hands.

Can someone help!? The same thing happened to me. I really don’t want to lose my number. Ticket 1096488

Hi @chantald,

Likewise, I’m sorry to hear of your experience! Has the cancellation completed? If so, may I know when? May I also know when your ticket was submitted?

Hi @chantald,

I’ve touched base with staff who have escalated your ticket to the appropriate team within support. Presuming the unwanted cancellation has indeed completed, I need to ask that you reactivate your phone. It will do so with a new number, however, staff needs the phone to be active in order to restore the old number. Republic’s guidance for reactivating phones is here: Activate My Phone. Once the phone is active, please respond on your open ticket, so staff is aware of that.

The cancellation is completed. My phone had a freak shutdown yesterday and I can’t get it turn back on. I have tried everything to reset it but nothing works. I’m guessing there is nothing I can do now? @rolandh

Hi @chantald,

A non-working phone certainly throws an unwanted monkey wrench into things. It’s a long shot but have you tried holding your phone’s power button down for an extended period of time (up to two minutes) to see if that will force a restart?

Regarding your number, please respond and add to your open ticket these unfortunate circumstances. Though I can’t guarantee it, canceled numbers are typically aged before being assigned to another customer. I don’t believe there’s an immediate threat of loss.

In case it’s helpful, here’s a direct link to your ticket: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/requests/1096488.

Hi @chantald,

Often with the Motorola phones, if you’ll put in on the charger for a good, long while, leaving it alone, then unplug it from the charger and press and hold the power button firmly until it responds (for up to 5 minutes!) it’ll finally boot.

Message an
Expert customer