Updated my Moto G5 to Android 8.1.0 and now the Republic app tells me it's not a supported phone

What phone do you have?
Moto G(5)
What plan are you on?
My Choice + 5GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data, talk, and text.

Issue Description

I upgraded the system software on my Moto G5 to Android 8.1.0 Oreo and now the Republic App is telling me that this phone is not supported; I get a message saying “Bummer, this phone is not a fit for Republic.” Even though when I look under “Your Phones” in my account information it lists my G5 and says “Republic Supported Phone.” I looked on their website before updating and it appeared that 8.1 was supported. Anyone have any advice?

On the G5 can you please tell us what it says under Software Channel (in Settings – About Phone)?

I assisted Dan via other means and discovered that his phone is software channel “RETLA”, the Latin America version of the phone. Having moved an active SIM to the phone previously the compatibility check was bypassed but the reactivation required after the update cause the compatibility check to trigger and the Republic App to detect that this is an incompatible version of the phone.