Upgrading from 2.0 to 3.0 number porting

When upgrading from the 2.0 to 3.0 plan, will my phone number port from Sprint to T-mobile? I need to confirm that once I am on the 3.0 plan, it will show that I am no longer part of a Sprint MNVO. Will I have any underlying number associated with T-Mobile as I had with Sprint on the 2.0 plan?

The underlying carrier is independent of the plan you’re on because both carriers are possible with the 3.0 plans. (Note that your phone number is with neither carrier). You can ensure that you won’t be activated on Sprint by using a BYOP eligible phone and buying a BYOP SIM (which is currently free here: Republic Wireless SIM Card Kit | Republic Wireless)

There are a number if possible scenarios for your question, but I’m just guessing:

1. You’re trying to activate a 2.0 phone with Sprint. This won’t work no matter how the phone looks as far as activation because legacy phones (Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 or E2) have a custom ROM which prevents activation with any other carrier.

2. See Roland’s reply below.

3. Something else, let us know and we’ll try to help.

Hi @akerson23hu,

Republic phone numbers aren’t housed with either of its cellular network partners and never have been. Republic’s network partners provide coverage. Your phone number does not show you as being part of a Sprint (or any other cellular carrier) MVNO. If one looked up the carrier for their Republic number, they’ll see Bandwidth.com.

Republic 3.0 phones do use a secondary routing number. That number isn’t supposed to be used to receive calls or text messages. It was always an unsupported workaround.