USA/European compatibility with a Moto G7

Hi, I’ve been with Republic for a number of years (since 2014?), and I now spend a considerable amount of the year in Europe. I have a separate phone for each continent, but I just upgraded my Euro phone to a Moto G7. I am on the Vodafone network over here (Germany). I am hoping it will also work with Republic’s GSM service in the US, and thereby make my one new phone capable of doing what my two old phones couldn’t, namely, work in both places (with the compatible SIM cards, although it DOES have dual SIM card capability. I know that Republic uses T-Mobile towers in the US, and T-Mobile also works over here in the old country.

Any idea if my shiny new G7 will work back in the States? I’m currently researching frequencies at this site: https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/vodafone-germany

Thanks for your expertise and information,

Pete G.

Hi @peteg.jfp7df and welcome to the Community!

I’m afraid I must disappoint you as the dual SIM international variant, you’re using with Vodafone in Germany will not work with Republic. With Republic, it’s about more than the cellular frequencies a given phone supports.

Republic’s unique (sufficiently unique to be patented) blended WiFi/cell service also depends upon its mobile app and, therefore, requires one of the carrier agnostic U.S. factory unlocked phones listed here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help. You’ll want to be certain the phone you wish to bring is an exact model number (and in some cases build number match) for those listed.

Republic tests phones to be certain its app and blended service will work as expected before supporting a particular phone. To date, Republic hasn’t announced support for any international variants.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer