Use in Europe

I’ll be traveling to Europe this summer and am a little bit confused as to what I can and cannot do with a wifi only phone. I know I can call and text the US from Europe. I know I cannot call local numbers in Europe. Can people call or text me from the US when I’m in Europe? Can I text local numbers in Europe? Can locals call or text me in Europe? All of this assumes that I’m connected to a Wifi network of course. Thanks for the info.

georgiat.hgpiee wrote:

I’ll be traveling to Europe this summer and am a little bit confused as to what I can and cannot do with a wifi only phone. I know I can call and text the US from Europe. I know I cannot call local numbers in Europe.

** Can people call or text me from the US when I’m in Europe? Yes.**

Can I text local numbers in Europe? You could call local numbers with a calling card but not directly. Texting? I don’t know if there are international texting cards.

** Can locals call or text me in Europe? If their plan permits calling and texting US numbers.**

** All of this assumes that I’m connected to a Wifi network of course. Thanks for the info.**