Username - how determined & how to change

I just posted here and I see my username is very strange. How did Republic come up with such cryptic names? How do I change it to something friendlier?

Hi @danp.7al1u0,

I believe the cryptic names are intended to protect one’s privacy. As for a change, please see this previous Community thread: How do I change my Community username?.

As you’ve been a Community member for much longer than 5 days perhaps @southpaw or another friendly member of the Community team would do the honors. She’ll likely prove me wrong but it might taker a bit longer due to it being a weekend.

Hi @danp.7al1u0,

Welcome to our Community!

What would you like your username to be? Please give me a few choices to work with, because I can’t give you a username that’s already in use.

I’m about to go for a bike ride, so it may be a couple of hours before I make it back online, but I’ll change it for you later this afternoon.

@danp.7al1u0 … easy way to see if your favorite name is taken or available is to start a reply to @southpaw offer above … then start typing @yourfavename … it will immediately respond on a character by character basis … if you see it in the popop it’s being used else it’s available and she can probably assign it to you

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.