Using a old Moto G on the cheap

My old Moto G finally got a cracked screen and I want to use another old Moto G I have to replace it. How do I do that? I only do voice and text, no data whatsoever. For $12 a month it’s simple and it works!

Help?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @kurtj.vsmyr6 Welcome to the Republic Community!

@jben Absolutely gave you the right answer to your question, but I’ve been feeling compelled to share information to people who are continuing to use legacy Republic phones. You may have seen the news headlines regarding older cellular network technologies being shut down by the network owners (and companies like Republic’s owner DISH suing to try to stop the process). The legacy phones (Moto Defy, X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 and E2) use this older technology. That means, that as of right now, T-Mobile has plans to shut down the network they run on early in 2022. When that happens, the phone will stop working (not just at Republic, but all phones of that type on the legacy Sprint network).

Once Republic has a solid date from T-Mobile, I’m sure they’ll make a formal announcement along with plans for sunsetting service to the devices, but I wanted to mention it so that you don’t make plans to use the legacy Moto G for the long-term.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer