Venmo + Republic Workaround

Hi everyone. Where there’s a will there’s a way. I finally figured out how to set up a Venmo account with a Republic phone. It’s quite a few hoops to jump through, but it is possible.

First, determine your phone’s underlying phone number as described here:

I have a Samsung phone, so I just installed SignalCheck Pro, got my underlying number and then uninstalled it within the 2-hour window for a full refund.

Use this underlying phone number to set up a Venmo account through their website. It will send a verification code by text to your underlying number, and you won’t be able to receive it, but don’t worry.

Follow the process under option 2 here:

Option 2: There is NO “I don’t have access to this phone” link, or you no longer have the information to confirm your identity.

1. No worries, we can still help! (Note: it may take a 1-2 days to complete this process).

2. Please contact our Support team and be sure to include the following information to expedite the process.

3. Your full name.

4. Email address and old phone number associated with your Venmo account.

5. For a bank, the full routing number and last 4 digits of your bank account number. OR, if you’re providing a card, the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the card number. Please do not provide the full card number or bank account number for your security.

Venmo support will contact you and eventually request a picture of your government-issued ID. I just snapped a picture of my driver’s license and sent it to the link they provided. Then you will receive a 6-digit code (valid for 7 days) that you can use to verify your Venmo account.

Follow these steps (courtesy Venmo customer support): (The trick is, you first need to download the Venmo app on your phone. Then, follow these steps ON THE APP.)

1. Log in to your Venmo account as normal (using your email address, username, or phone number associated with your Venmo account)

2. Enter your current Venmo account password

3. On the next screen, it may show that you are using a “new device”

4. Even though you have received our code via email, press the “Send Code” button anyways (even if it’s sent to your old number)

5. On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to enter the 6-digit code that we sent you via email

6. Enter in the 6-digit code from your inbox

Using this process, I was able to successfully set up and access a Venmo account on my Republic phone.

Connor

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Republic Wireless and Venmo

Message an
Expert customer