Voicemail downloads - Old Voicemails download again as new!

voicemail

What phone do you have? Moto G 1st Gen
What plan are you on? 1.0
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Issue Description

We have a Moto G 1st gen. w/ unlimited data talk & text. Every once in a while, for an unknown reason, the phone starts downloading every voicemail the phone has ever gotten. It’s very annoying and I can’t stop it or find a setting to stop it. I just had to sit here and wait for it to finish downloading 139 messages…

(Moderator’s note: posted edited for formatting, content was not altered.)

Just Got a Notification for 19 Voice Mails

@bradleyh.qfaqe6,

The same thing happened to my mother a week ago. If you’ll open a ticket and let me know when you’ve done so, I’ll try to see if any of our technicians could look into this more closely. It’s very hard to troubleshoot an issue when it can’t be reproduced, so having examples from anyone who experiences it will be key.

I just opened ticket #1276734

Thanks @bradleyh.qfaqe6,

I’ve made some notes in the ticket, and I’d encourage anyone else who recently experienced spontaneous delivery of previously-deleted or previously-listened to voicemail to also open a ticket.

Yes, I have had the same problem. My Moto X (1st Gen) just started downloading 150 voicemail messages. I thought I had deleted most if not all of these messages. This has happened 3 times prior in the last 4 months.

Hi @dougcaister,

Have you opened a ticket on the matter? I’d really like to see some ticket traffic on this issue so our engineers can better investigate what is causing this.

There is not much more to be said. My Moto X (1st Gen) just started downloading 150 voicemail messages. I thought I had deleted most if not all of these messages. This has happened 3 times prior in the last 4 months.

I started a help ticket, but it was way too laborious with all it’s questions. I do not have the time to go through all the preliminary stuff. :slight_smile:

I will follow this thread instead since it is exactly what I am experiencing.

FYI,

You can avoid those questions by selecting other for topic.

We are also trying to figure out an odd behavior with my wife’s Moto G 1st gen. I will call her, leave a message. When my message comes through, she also gets alerts for hundreds of voicemails (just happened, “210 voicemails”) that she’d already had alerts for. He phone goes nuts for a bit. Anybody else seen this?

That’s a separate problem reported by several other members using Legacy phones. Apparently RW is aware of it and investigating the issue.

I too have an older RW phone but have not encountered it on my G3.

Hi @brianb.64ig7d,

I’ve moved your post to a newer, more relevant thread on the topic. Since this is an issue we are investigating, it would be helpful if you’d open a support ticket and ask that it be investigated as part of master ticket 1277825.

(Edited to correct master ticket number. :blush: )

Thank you very much, I will post a ticket.

What phone do you have? Moto X
What plan are you on? 3G data, talk and text
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? yes data

Issue Description

Every time I get a new voicemail, the phone reloads all old voicemails. This means my phone is going off like crazy (sometimes in public, ugh) and then I have to go through and delete all those old messages again. How do I stop this from happening? I hoped it was an isolated incident, but it’s now happened five times.

Hi @ryanc.8nvio5,

I moved your post to an existing topic on the matter, to keep everything in one place. (This helps us see how many people mention being impacted.)

This will not be something you can fix from your phone.

If you have not already done so, please open a ticket and ask that it be investigated as part of master ticket # 1277825. (Tell 'em Southpaw said so! :wink:)

Yes, I did a help ticket and they sent me here to see if I could find an answer while they investigate. Ticket 1304426.

Thanks @ryanc.8nvio5,

I’ll get your ticket on the right path. (Oh! I see that’s the automated reply that sent you here!)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.