Voicemail Timezone

Hello,

I missed a call today and when I went to check voicemail I noticed that the timezone of the voicemail doesn’t match my timezone at all. Looks like it’s most likely set to East Coast time.

Is there a way to set our timezone in there? I spent some time searching on the phone, and then did some searches of the forums here, but I couldn’t find much of an answer. The only relevant thing was a message just saying that it was Eastern time and that’s all there was to it. With all of the smarts that RW has built into the app and the whole overall plan, I find it a little hard to believe that there’s not some way to have the system know my current timezone and account for it.

Mind you, I’m not mad about this - it’s really not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. But since it did annoy me, I figured I would try to get to the bottom of it. Is there really no way for us to personalize the timezone of the messages? I’m sure it will trip me up at some point when I try to reply to someone. (Cause give me a week or two, and likely this will have slipped my mind. Though now that I’ve written all of this, maybe it will stick better!)

Thanks!
Erik

Hi @ejlane,

Please don’t spend any more time trying to configure the voicemail timestamp when you dial into the voicemail system. It is not user-configurable.

You can, however, review your voicemail from the voicemail tab in the dialer app, and the timestamps will be relevant to the time on your phone.

Hi @southpaw,

Okay, thanks for the answer. I figured I just must be missing something.

With my old phone - a Moto G4+, I could very simply view the voicemails. With this new one I haven’t seen any dialer app that has a way to view voicemails. Should I have one? Maybe that’s the solution that I just haven’t seen yet? This phone is still new to me, so it’s very possible that I’m missing something. I’ll do some digging. It’s a Samsung Galaxy S9, if you see this and know specifics about it.

Thanks!
Erik

Hi @ejlane,

I believe there was an update from Samsung that made Visual Voicemail unavailable in Android Pie, but my understanding is that the August 2019 patch restored Visual Voicemail.

Please check to make sure your phone does not have an Android update pending, and if it does not, perhaps it will reach your phone in just a few more days.

Ah, okay. I just checked, and the last system update on my phone was July 1st. It claims that it’s up to date, so I guess the August update hasn’t hit me yet. I’ll keep an eye out for the change. I’ve never had visual voicemail on this one, and I miss it from my old phone.

Thanks!
Erik

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer