Voicemail with new plans

You are already aware of the voicemail problem

What phone do you have?
Moto G6

What plan are you on?
Annual pay

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
1 gig data

Issue Description

Will the new plans remedy the disappearing voicemail problem?

Hi @chriss.8jdfqc,

As I understand it, while visual voicemail will eventually come to Republic’s new plans, it will not be available at all at launch. For now, voicemail on Republic’s new plans will be old school (a/k/a dialing in), which also works on now old plans.

What may be possible with new plans is use of third party visual voicemail apps, which, generally, do not work with Republic’s old plans. A definitive answer on that must wait until I’m able to get my hands on a new Republic SIM and try it.

1 Like

If you’d like to recommend an app, I’ll give it a try.

@louisdi has suggested this one previously:

Their privacy policy link directs to the T‑Mobile Privacy Notice. In fact, if the reddit account associated with this link is to be believed, the app is a beta for Mint Mobile visual voicemail.

Interesting but I see nothing else that indicates the app would necessarily only work with T-Mobile or T-Mobile network service. I see no harm in giving it a try. There is also a separate T-Mobile branded visual voicemail app.

YouMail used to be quite popular. I assume all the call forwarding features work with the new carrier?

I would presume so as well. And, actually, the free version of YouMail now works with Republic’s proprietary service. YouMail, however, is more of a visual voicemail replacement rather than an app that leverages the provider’s voicemail system. Google Voice would be another option in terms of replacing Republic’s visual voicemail on new plans.