VOIP Solution you should try

I have about had it with the VOIP problem! I am trying to get a reward for surveys and they do not accept VOIP numbers, Why is it necessary that Republic Wireless numbers be this way? I have been with you for years and it seems to me that you ought to stop using this kind of number. Do I have to change phone services? Why are you handicapping us??? Solve it by changing this!!

I am not a happy camper right now!

VoIP is the technology powering the WiFi portion of Republic’s unique (sufficiently unique to be patented) blended WiFi/cell service. Republic’s service blends the VoIP network of Bandwidth.com with one of two cellular network partners (T-Mobile or Sprint). Republic’s numbers are housed on Bandwidth’s network and therefore are VoIP. This is a regulatory classification. Neither Republic or Bandwidth is able to change the designation of Republic’s numbers.

This would be theoretically possible. Republic could house its numbers on one or both of its cellular network partners rather than Bandwidth’s network. Doing so, however, would mean fundamentally changing its business model. Changing that business model would involve potential pricing changes (up not down). Republic would also lose the ability to offer its Extend Home adapter as that works precisely because Republic numbers are VoIP.

I don’t say this lightly but if services that refuse VoIP numbers are sufficiently important to you, changing service providers would be worth consideration.

Is it Republic doing the handicapping? Or, is it the services that refuse VoIP numbers as a matter of their policy? Or, is it regulatory agencies that continue to insist on outdated classification of telephone numbers?

Most of us here (myself included) are fellow members (Republic likes to call customers members). While I understand the request that Republic solve this is aimed at Republic and not your fellow Community members, candidly, I don’t see Republic changing its entire business model to do so.

3 Likes

Thank you for your patience. I do not want to change companies. I did complain to the website. Hopefully they will do something.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer