Want same number from old Republic phone for new Republic phone

What phone do you have? Moto G upgrading to Moto E4
What plan are you on? Base Plan
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? no data

We have a Moto G Base Plan talk and text. We just purchased a Moto E4. I have been trying all afternoon to activate the new phone, keeping our old number, I got assigned a new number. We want to keep the old number. None of the text strings came over to the new phone.

Issue Description

You apparently activated your new phone as a new line of service in error. You needed to activate it as a replacement/upgrade to the old one.

• To recover you will need to open a ticket and have the Republic folks do the number swap for you

It’s actually easier to simply cancel the phone that has the new number, and activate it correctly as an upgrade to the existing phone. In fact, that’s likely what support will advise.

However, if you need to open a ticket to do so, having already spent hours trying to get the phone activated, please do so. Our support team will be glad to help.

Here is the reference I should have provided: When I Activated My Phone I Received a New Phone Number – Republic Help (it would have told you what @southpaw just said :slight_smile: )

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.