Want to replace my phone with a new one I bought

i have a moto g6 i think and bought a moto x4. i logged into my account and don’t see anything for me to pick to switch phones. i have switched phones in the past with no issues. i want to take everything from my current phone and move it to the x4. i can’t believe i have to ask for help for this. thanks for anything you can offer.

Switching phones isn’t done in your account. Let’s start with a little more info about your current phone. Can you please open the Republic App, click the little gear at the top, and then About. What does it say there for “SIM Type”?

gsm. i also ordered a sim for the x4 if this one doesn’t work.

You can just move that SIM to the X4 and install and open the Republic App to complete the transition.

2 Likes

i tried it and the phone switched. None of my folders or apps from google play transferred. the old phone i had it do a backup and it backed everything up in my google drive cloud. but wheni attempted to restore in my new phone it doesn’t look in google drive. can you help? thanks

Take a look and see if any of this helps: How to Transfer Contacts, Photos, Text messages and Other Info to Your New Phone

2 Likes

Thanks for your help

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer