Weak or No Cell Service When Not On Wifi

What phone do you have? MOTO X4
What plan are you on? MY CHOICE PLAN
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 GB

Issue Description

I live in a mfr. home and in a rural area. When not on wifi, I have little or no cell signal. I have had Republic Wireless for 1 month and have had problem from day 1. I switched from Verizon Wireless and don’t want to have to switch back, but may have to if this problem is not resolved.

What is your ZIP code? RW has two carriers, Sprint and T-Mobile. Sprint roams on Verizon, T-Mobile roams on AT&T. You can find either the Sprint or T-Mobile map with a Google search and find your house on those maps. Let us know what you find.

Like you, I live n a rural area with poor cell coverage at home but good cell coverage in the surrounding area. One great thing about RW is their WiFi first concept which works well when I’m at home. I was originally using RW’s Sprint towers but switched to their T-Mobile towers for better cell coverage. You can switch carriers by opening a service ticket.

4 Likes

Hi @eliz616a,

If coverage is not meeting your expectations, please do take the time to open a ticket. Our technicians will work with you to make sure the phone is properly configured and completely activated on the cellular service. If those steps do not improve the coverage, they can also evaluate several addresses where you most often use your phone and determine whether a different SIM card would provide you better coverage.

To speed that process along, you may wish to follow the advice in this help article:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer