Web based texting vs. thick app

rw_anywhere

I am starting my 14 day trial with RW, and so far it’s been pretty painless. Cheaper than Verizon, but I still need to do the “commute test” to ensure the mobile coverage doesn’t drop between work and home.

However, I thought I’d bring something up - at work, I’m not allowed to have my phone with me, and I don’t have the ability to install software on my work PC - it would be great if RW made Anywhere a web app instead of a thick app that requires installation. Seems like it would be such a small jump, and would allow Chromebook users to participate easily as well. I don’t see how there could be a downside to it.

4 Likes

Hi @Auslander,

You are not alone in making this request. You might wish to add your voice to the conversation established for Anywhere feature requests here: Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread.

3 Likes

I am with you on that! I much prefer web-based than an application. I always used to use the Google voice web interface. However, I rarely ever even open my Anywhere desktop app. Hopefully, this is something we will see in the future!

0 Likes

Auslander,

I’d ike to add that making your voice known means liking the previous suggestion to do the same. Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread … IOW southpaw says, read the topic and do not add the suggestion again at the bottom.

2 Likes

Got it! In fact I saw that post shortly after I posted this. Figured I could hardly be the only one requesting this.

1 Like

Thanks for checking out Republic @Auslander and making your voice heard in our Community.

Over time, I think you’ll find this is a place where you give a little and get a lot in return. Welcome!

1 Like

I’m not aware if this works or not but will Republic Anywhere run off a flash drive if you move the install folder on it?

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer