Web based texting vs. thick app

I am starting my 14 day trial with RW, and so far it’s been pretty painless. Cheaper than Verizon, but I still need to do the “commute test” to ensure the mobile coverage doesn’t drop between work and home.

However, I thought I’d bring something up - at work, I’m not allowed to have my phone with me, and I don’t have the ability to install software on my work PC - it would be great if RW made Anywhere a web app instead of a thick app that requires installation. Seems like it would be such a small jump, and would allow Chromebook users to participate easily as well. I don’t see how there could be a downside to it.

5 Likes

Hi @Auslander,

You are not alone in making this request. You might wish to add your voice to the conversation established for Anywhere feature requests here: Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread.

3 Likes

I am with you on that! I much prefer web-based than an application. I always used to use the Google voice web interface. However, I rarely ever even open my Anywhere desktop app. Hopefully, this is something we will see in the future!

Auslander,

I’d ike to add that making your voice known means liking the previous suggestion to do the same. Official Republic Anywhere Feature Request Thread … IOW southpaw says, read the topic and do not add the suggestion again at the bottom.

2 Likes

Got it! In fact I saw that post shortly after I posted this. Figured I could hardly be the only one requesting this.

1 Like

Thanks for checking out Republic @Auslander and making your voice heard in our Community.

Over time, I think you’ll find this is a place where you give a little and get a lot in return. Welcome!

1 Like

I’m not aware if this works or not but will Republic Anywhere run off a flash drive if you move the install folder on it?

Message an
Expert customer