Welcome to the Orion WiFi Beta!

Hello everyone, my name is phaganc and I am from Charlotte NC, we have been republic customers for over 5 years.

1 Like

Hello! I live in South Jersey, about 15 miles east of Philadelphia. I see one Orion location in Philadelphia, but it is not a spot that I would normally visit. Thanks for adding me to this beta. I will be watching for new locations in my area. I am a soon to be retired engineer.

2 Likes

Well, I thought I had chimed in to say hello but can’t find myself here! So, Hello! I’m from Sun City Center, FL. I’m about 40 minutes south of Tampa and was pleased to see several Orion spots in the general Tampa area. I’m hoping to be able to report good things as I get into more urban areas.

Also, thanks for providing the Webex webinar. It was quite informative! I’m looking for great things ahead!

2 Likes

Hello! I am from Howard County, MD, that is in between Baltimore and Washington DC. I see one Orion location in Herndon, VA, which is about an hour drive distance from my place. However, I have nothing else to visit that area. I will keep checking map if additional locations pop up in my area.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Orion WiFi connection feedback

Hi I am retired in suburban Tampa during the winter and southern NJ in summer. I have been with Republic since 2012. If it wasn’t for the virus my wife & I would be traveling in our motorhome. Finding good WiFi on the road is spotty. We are hoping Orion can give us some more options.

4 Likes

Hi, I have been a republic customer for 7 or 8 years. I live in a Maryland suburb of Washington DC.

I am interested in this beta because I am always looking for ways to be on WiFi more often.

A better user name would be jlederma

2 Likes

:tada: You’re now @jlederma!

1 Like

Hi! I am definitely joining a little late. I live about 30 miles south of Denver, Colorado in a suburban/ semi-rural area. I am an essential worker, so right now I travel several days a week to work in a rural county. Like most people, I don’t get out as much as I normally would.

I have been with Republic since 2013 and started with the Dexy XT.

I am really interested in the Orion wifi concept and hope to learn more.

1 Like

Hey all. Thanks for having me.
I hail from Western New York (Bills’ Country!)
I had to look up Payments in my account. I ordered my Defy XT Dec 2013. Like me, not an old-timer, but not a noobie either.
I’m interested because…well it’s something different. Despite being a tech geek, I don’t have a lot of time nowadays to dabble, but I keep seeing posts on this, so I wanted to give it a shot.

Thanks for having me!

3 Likes

Hi,
I am from the Grand Strand SC
I have been with Republic Wireless from the beginning first beta (When the phones were tiny). I wanted to join this beta because I am always searching for WiFi and thought this would help further the technology because public WiFi is so slow. I have 500/500mb speed at home and miss it when I am out. I have just looked at the map and there probably isn’t any reason for me to even bother with this there aren’t any locations within hundreds of miles of me.

1 Like

Hi,

I am in Raleigh, NC and have been using Republic Wireless since July 2013 (Defy XT).
I am interested in participating in the Orion beta to test the new functionality and perhaps get access to additional wifi locations.
My community username was randomized and I’d like to use: NCRich276

Thanks for allowing me to participate!

Rich

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I live in DeLand, FL and have been with Republic since Dec 2012 (DefyXT)
Republic Wireless has always been a pioneering company and I enjoy participating in beta testing to help them. Looking forward to using Orion WiFi

3 Likes

I just moved from Connecticut to Southeast Florida. I’ve been a Republic member since 2014. Started with the Moto X (1st gen) and two years ago purchased a BYOP Samsung Galaxy 9+. I’ve been a software developer, network planner, and CIO, and I’m interested in learning more about and benefiting from Google’s Orion project. I’m very pleased that RW is the first MVNO to participate in project Orion.

3 Likes

Hi, Mikalooch here!
Originally From Lockport NY, but now SE Michigan. Been with Republic WIreless since 2014 and, obviously, I love it!
Been a Techie/Engineer for life and am always interested in new stuff going on.
Thanks for inviting me!
Mikalooch

1 Like

Chris Cupp here. I live in South Mississippi. I’ve been a Republic member since the company was created and started to accept beta members. I’m interested in OrionWiFi because I’m eager to become more involved with the emerging initiatives from Republic. My community name was not ramdomized.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer